Monday, October 27, 2008

W.


I've been meaning to write this review for a couple of days now but for some reason keep putting it off. The first hour of the film is really good. I was completely absorbed in the story and never once taken out of the film by the actors portraying such well known figures. Then it just keeps going, and gets repetitive. The same points are hammered down again and again. By the end it started to feel like a greatest hits of Bush's biggest blunders. We get the search for WMD's, the mission accomplished on the aircraft carrier, everything you have ever seen. The first hour is so great because it is more of a behind closed doors story. Showing us the man before he was the man.

It was about this time that the acting made a turn for the worse too. Not Josh Brolin, he is tremendous through out, never a false not. It was Thandie Newton as Condoleezza Rice that really started to taint my view. It is the single worst performance I have seen this year. I'm not sure if its an accurate portrayal or not but it was grating and over done. Anytime she opened her mouth I was a little further removed.

No comments: